Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Love for Riding Motorcycles

I've been wanting to get a crotch rocket for the longest since I was a kid. I remember when I was 14, me and my buddies would be looking through cycle trader to look at all the available candy.  We had a set plan that we would get jobs and work until we saved up enough money on our own to buy a motorcycle.  We figured since you have to be 16 to get a license, that we would save up an adequate amount to buy what we wanted.  But of course as years went by, some of us including I procrastinated on saving up.  It was either loaning the money out or buying video games. 

About 3-4 of my friends all got bikes in the summer of 2011.  They either sold their cars, or saved up.  I had just bought a car prior 4 months until I finally gave in and decided to trade my car for a motorcycle.  This was right in the beginning of winter as well of December.  Everyone but my friends thought I was crazy for trading my only piece of transportation for a better love to ride instead.  But I didn't care about the cold or the fighting temperatures.  My hunger to ride has thirsted for years on end and when the opportunity rose up, I left no hesitation to go all in on the deal.  I didn't care thought what others thought, I wanted to ride for my own happiness.  And even if it was 30 degrees or below, I had fun riding either way.   

There is no better feeling in the world to me than riding my bike, other than jumping out of an airplane which I hope to do in the near future.  But when it comes to motorcycle riding, especially at high speeds, every stress and mingle just seems to disappear for a moment's notice.  Driving a regular car for transportation just seems boring to me and not as life fulfilling as riding a motorcycle.  Almost like a airplane on wheels to me, except with limitations of course.  If you haven't rode a motorcycle before, you're definitely missing out on 2-wheels.   


No comments:

Post a Comment